Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dr. Seuss and Kangaroo Kids

This morning Kaitlynn and I went to Seuss on the Loose at Grand Glaize Library. There were a lot of kids there - babies, toddlers and bigger kids. The librarian started with an elephant song (from a CD) that they sang along to and danced to. Then she read " Green Eggs and Ham". After the story they sang and hopped to another song (from a CD). She read "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". During this book, Kaitlynn was eating snacks and playing with a little girl. After that book, they sang, danced, jumped around to another song (from a CD). Then they made a tree from pipe cleaners. Kaitlynn danced with the librarian before we left story time.

After story time, we looked at books, CDs and DVDs. Kaitlynn found a book that she really liked. She went over and reclined on one of the bean bag chairs in the children's area and read "Eco babies wear green." She wouldn't put this board book down. We got a few other board books: "Awake to nap", "When I'm big" and "Manners are important." We also checked out some Easter books: "Easter bunny's on his way" and "Queen of Easter." We checked out a DVD called "Is your mama a llama?" and a few CDs ("Alphabet Songs", "Go baby go" and "A to Z: the animals and me". I checked out "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" for myself. Kaitlynn really likes the library, but thinks she is supposed to get on the computers every time we go.

We left the library and went to Kangaroo Kids. On Tuesdays, they now have a Pop-in Toddler Playgroup. I met Bhu and Sarina there from the Mommy and Toddler playgroup. Kathy and John Paul were also there. Kangaroo Kids just moved to a different building right down the street from where they used to be located. It is much cleaner and I like the new store. It's just going to take some getting used to. Kaitlynn and Sarina played for a while then we went through the Taco Bell drive thru and picked up lunch. We went over to Bhu and Sarina's to eat lunch and let the girls play for a bit. Kaitlynn and I weren't able to stay long because of Hasnain coming over.

Maryam and I pulled up at the same time. Hasnain cried for 45 minutes after Maryam left. She said he already had a nap, but he was still tired, so I finally got him to go to sleep. Kaitlynn and him napped together. They slept for 2 hours!

While they napped, I had some much needed me time - computer time. Also talked to my friend Jill. She called to see if I could watch her little guy next week. Her babysitter needs a few days off for personal reasons, so I told her I could do it.

Hasnain was still kind of fussy after his nap, but eventually calmed down. When Maryam came to pick him up, we talked for awhile. She told me that her MIL, mom and brother were going to be coming in town and staying with them for awhile (at different times). She had also told me that she wouldn't be returning to school next semester. I asked her when I would stop watching Hasnain. She told me March 19th. So now I am going to need to find another child to watch. Hopefully I can find a toddler for the same days and times, but I'll work with what I can find.

Kaitlynn and I went to my mom's. We visited awhile before I had to leave to meet Dave for an appointment. Kaitlynn stayed with my mom.

No comments: