DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Meaningful Group

Today Kaitlynn and I attended the Nursing Moms Group. We haven't been to the Thursday group in about 3 weeks. It has definitely changed. There were only about 5 other moms that I have seen before (2 of them were regulars), the rest were new moms with brand new babies (most were under 3 months old). It was pretty crowded. The most crowded I have seen it in awhile. This was the first time I felt a little uncomfortable being there since the first time Kaitlynn and I attended back in May of 2007. I actually didn't feel uncomfortable the first time we attended, I was just nervous and didn't know what to expect. It is so hard for me to think of not going to the group on Thursdays anymore. It has been part of mine and Kaitlynn's lives for about 9 months now. Kaitlynn and I have attended almost every Thursday. Sometimes that was our only outing for the week. It was a place for me to go and know that I could continue and be OK until next Thursday. It was a place to meet and connect with other moms. It was a place to get support and understanding. A place to go where people believe in the type of parenting I believe in. A place where you were seldom judged. A place to meet friends for myself and for Kaitlynn. A place for Kaitlynn and I to socialize. A place to just go. A place to know you were welcomed. A place to shop. A place to eat. A place to just be. A place to practice nursing in public. This group has meant so much to me. I have met some really good friends there - Tara, Emily, and Eileen. They are people that I hope I never loose contact with. I hope Kaitlynn remains friends with their babies (Bailey, Ella, and Gabe) forever. There are other moms that I would also like to stay in contact with as well, but I feel I have a true friendship with Tara, Emily, and Eileen. I think I am afraid to stop attending this group because I am afraid I will loose their friendships. I also love being around the new babies. I like talking to other moms. How do you leave something that has been so special and meant so much? Hopefully when I am able to let go of attending the group, these friendships will continue on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, Amy! I feel the same way about the Thursday nursing group. It was a lifesaver in the beginning when I had no clue what I was doing. I could go there, talk to other moms and feel "normal". I'm so glad Ella and I met you and Kaitlynn. It will be fun to watch Kaitlynn and Ella (and Bailey and Gabe and the rest of the Kangaroo babies) as they grow up together.