DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Have you read this book yet? It is by Kim Edwards. I first heard of the book in September or October when some moms from the Nursing Moms Support Group at Kangaroo Kids that I attend were talking about it. The group has a book club / playgroup and this was their October or November book of the month. I borrowed the book from the library and well it has taken me this long to read it. I just finished it last week. Believe me, it was not because the book was hard to read or not interesting. I really enjoyed the book, but trying to read a book around the holidays was not a good idea. It is such a great book. It is about this couple that have twins, one of the twins has down syndrome. The husband decides to have the baby with down syndrome taken away and lies to his wife about the baby. This deception / lie torments his marriage for years and years. This lie also comes to hurt his son (who did not have down syndrome). It's amazing how one lie can destroy a whole marriage and poison your children, too. This is a great read and I highly recommend it!

No comments: