DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Drace Park and Kangaroo Kids

Monday the 20th, Kaitlynn and I met Katie and Luke at Drace Park. At first, Kaitlynn didn't have much to do with Luke. She wanted to push me on the swings. Then eventually she warmed up to playing with him.
We went to the Early Childhood Center and registered for a fall class. Kaitlynn was upset that she wasn't able to stay. She started walking back to the room her classes are usually in and kept saying "class."
We went to MawMaw's so she could watch Kaitlynn for a few hours. Later Kaitlynn and I took MawMaw to a doctor's appointment. We had dinner at El Nopal.
Tuesday Kaitlynn, Olivia, and I went to Kangaroo Kids to meet Eileen, Gabe and Merci. Eileen called and said that they weren't going to be able to make it. I asked Kaitlynn if she wanted to go back home. She said no, that she wanted to play with Gabe. I had to explain to her a few times why she couldn't play with him before she stopped asking. Then she started asking about Ella.
We went home to eat lunch before the photographer from the Associated Press came over. Last week I did an interview with a lady for an article she was writing. She sent over a photographer. He photographed Kaitlynn helping with the dishes, feeding Bailey, bagging up the trash and doing artwork.
After he left, Kaitlynn started crying. She told me the photographer reminded her of PawPaw Dado. Poor baby! He did kind of resemble my dad. I just can't believe that she remembers him so well. I am so happy that she does.
After Olivia left on Wednesday, we went to MawMaw's. MawMaw went with Kaitlynn and me to the Star Studded Concert at Kangaroo Kids. Kaitlynn dressed in her "ballerina" outfit.
She walked the red carpet. The kids played, ate snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, ring pops) and drank juice. Kindermusik was there to do a session. It took Kaitlynn a few minutes to get comfortable, but then she really got into it and enjoyed it. She loves music. They played with sticks, bells and scarves.
She had a good time. Kangaroo Kids gave all the attendees a special discount off their entire purchase. MawMaw and I found some super cute things for Kaitlynn!

1 comment:

Making Babies said...

Following you over from Twitter Moms. Thought I would pass an award to you, please check my blog for details.

Looking forward to discovering your new blog too!

x