DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Kaitlynn's Best Friend

On our way to church yesterday, Kaitlynn told us that Jesus is her best friend in the whole wide world. I told her that I hoped so. Isn't that amazing! I hope she continues to keep her relationship with Jesus and that it just continues to grow and grow. I hope she is always eager to tell others that Jesus is her best friend and lead others to Him. I hope that she always remembers He is her best friend.

As we entered church, Kaitlynn got to greet her favorite friend, Libby. Libby is a helper dog for Elaine (the lady we met last week). Kaitlynn was excited that she got to pet Libby as she was "off duty". Kaitlynn attended KidzMinistry. She played with play-doh, made a wind sock and said they learned about food. We were happy that she made us look good! On her wind sock, she put stickers of her favorite food - broccoli and apples. She actually stayed in her class until the last 5-10 minutes. I think her wanting to leave early, was due to her being hungry, though, because after we left her class she ate 2 bags of fruit snacks and a box of raisins. We told her if she would have stayed a little longer, they would have given her a snack.

We are so proud of her for staying in her class. She has never been left with anyone she doesn't know before. Unfortunately, she had not met the teachers in her class before, but she was excited to stay and play with the other kids and learn about Jesus. All morning, she was talking about going to class. I think she was mentally preparing herself - that she was going to go to her class and mommy and daddy were going to attend church service. She is such an independent, big girl. She makes my heart happy with how confident she is. After class, when I asked her if she wanted to go back to her class next week, she said she didn't know. After she finished her snacks, she said "sometimes" she wants to go back to class.

One thing I noticed is that she has a female and a male teacher. For some reason, she is a little leery of men. Dave and I were talking about this after church. I wondered if it was a bad thing or if it was due to a lack of bonding with important male figures. I really wondered or worried that it had to do with my dad (PawPaw Dado). He used to visit Kaitlynn every day and then one day (in late April 2008) those visits stopped. She spent the next few weeks in hospital waiting rooms and was around lots of sadness. The next time she saw PawPaw Dado, she was saying good bye to him in a hospital bed on May 5, 2008. Then she saw him before he was buried to say one final good bye. She asks about him from time to time, but I know she doesn't fully understand it. I don't even fully understand it! Dave reassured me that he thinks it is a healthy thing for her to be a little leery of men. In this day and age, it probably is.

We went to McDonald's for lunch. While Kaitlynn was playing in the play area, this little girl started telling her she couldn't do something. Kaitlynn looked her right in the face and said "my mommy said I can." She went on to give her more of a piece of her mind, but I can't remember what all she said to her. I was very happy that she stuck up for herself! She did it without being mean to the little girl, too. It was all very appropriate. She had fun playing until she missed a step, fell on her head and down the steps. She recovered from that really well and really fast. She thankfully was not hurt because the play area was very padded.