DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grant's Farm and Outback Steakhouse

Saturday late morning, Kaitlynn and I had a dance party for Dave. That afternoon we gave Dave his Father's Day gifts. We gave him his gifts early because they gave me my Mother's Day gift early. I don't think I ever mentioned what they gave me. They bought me a beautiful NLT Bible. It's what I asked for and I love it! We gave Dave a t-shirt and a book. A guy I met in my Bible study suggested this book for him.

We decided to brave the heat and go to Grant's Farm. On the way there, Kaitlynn was being silly in the car. She asked me to flap my ears with her! Then we had to stop to get cash and when Dave came back to the car she asked, "Daddy did you get money for the goats?"

We were able to get right on the tram when we got there - no line at all. There was a really nice breeze while on the tram. A lot of the animals were out and right up near the tram. Kaitlynn thought it was the coolest! She sat in her stroller to feed the goats. They were really hungry.
Then she rode on the carousel - 2 rides for the price of 1! Kaitlynn had fun running through the mister. She even had Dave and me running through it with her. It sure felt good on such a hot day! Kaitlynn enjoyed a Tiger's Blood snow cone while Dave and I enjoyed a few Bud Light Limes! Also good on a hot day! Kaitlynn threw a few pennies in the wishing well and then decided to save the rest. We went into the stables. Kaitlynn wanted to pet Miss Budweiser, so I told her to call for her. She started yelling, "Budweiser!" Everyone that passed us got a real kick out of that. Kaitlynn and Dave fed the camels and then we headed out.

We went to MawMaw's and took Dave to Outback Steakhouse for Father's Day dinner. They had this promotion where you get a scratch off if you are a dad. You can win any thing from $5 off to $599.99 off (a year of Outback free). Dave won a $25 gift card good towards our next visit! Not too shabby!

No comments: