DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dado

Monday, October 5th was my dad's 66th birthday. This year I really had intentions of starting a tradition in memory of his birthday, but as the date grew closer I just couldn't bring myself to plan anything. It was difficult to be around anyone that day, even my family. As some of you may know, my dad passed away on May 5th, 2008.

I miss my dad everyday. It still feels like a nightmare that he is gone. It is still shocking and hard to believe. Most days I don't know how I will go on without him in my life. Some days I just push forward trying not to think about it. Other days I am extremely angry and upset about his loss and very irritable. Kaitlynn always seems to make things better, though. She will do or say something that reminds me of my dad and in that moment I know he is with us.

I think losing a parent is something that you never get over. It is always with you. There will always be something missing from who you are.

I know that my dad is in Heaven and is no longer in pain, but it is sure hard to deal with the pain / loss in my heart / the emptiness. I will cling to the years of memories I have of him until we meet again.

Happy Birthday Dad / PawPaw Dado! We love you and miss you. We will never forget you.

No comments: