Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of the blog's owner.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Prefold Experience

This morning I decided to brave the prefolds. The first time I changed Kaitlynn's diaper, I used the newspaper fold for the Chinese Prefold. I liked how easy this was. I thought that it would make Kaitlynn's bottom look bigger and bulkier, but it didn't look too much different than the bumGenius.

Pointing at all the animals on our front lawn (birds, a chipmunk, and a rabbit). She was so excited, she started dancing.

Next diaper change, I decide to try a different fold for the Chinese Prefold (since the newspaper fold was so easy). I used the angel wing fold and secured it with a snappi. This was not so easy because Kaitlynn did not want to lay still long enough for me to get it on right.
This picture was taken when I was getting ready to change her diaper. The prefold was soaked and she leaked out of it. As you can see from the photo, I didn't do such a good job on the angle wing fold. It didn't cover her too well and was too loose. I will need much more practice with this fold. I went back to the bumGenuis diapers for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Two Lines On a Stick said...

You shouldn't need a Snappi under a cover, unless you're doing it just for fun. The Snappi took me a long time to get the hang of. I had to get a lot better at folding the diapers different ways and adjusting them first. Congrats on trying the prefolds. They'll grow on you :)

Amy said...

The ladies at Cotton Babies said to use a snappi when doing an angel fold because it keeps the prefold more secure under the diaper cover. So far I am only brave enough to use them at home. We use the bumGenius when we go out.